NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Zynga (ZNGA) hit a one-year high of $5.15 on Tuesday following the announcement that rival game maker King Digital Entertainment filed for an initial public offering in the U.S.
King, which created the wildly popular game "Candy Crush," has headquarters in Dublin but also has offices in San Francisco and throughout Europe. King said it aims to raise $500 million in the IPO.
News also broke Tuesday that Personalized Media Communications had successfully concluded a patent licensing agreement with Zynga. PMC develops, owns and licenses a patents portfolio designed to enhance media delivery and content. The patents won't start to expire until 2027.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $7.73 million or 60.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ZYNGA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ZYNGA INC is currently very high, coming in at 84.84%. Regardless of ZNGA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ZNGA's net profit margin of -14.31% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 43.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- ZNGA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.35, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ZNGA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV