3 Stocks Dragging The Utilities Sector Downward
1. As of noon trading, PG&E ( PCG) is down $0.36 (-0.8%) to $43.58 on light volume. Thus far, 847,657 shares of PG&E exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $43.49-$43.97 after having opened the day at $43.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.94. PG&E Corporation, through its subsidiary, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (Utility), transmits, delivers, and sells electricity and natural gas to customers primarily in northern and central California. The Utility provides services to approximately 15 million people. PG&E has a market cap of $20.1 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 9.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate PG&E a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PG&E as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Get the full PG&E Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the utilities sector could consider Utilities Select Sector SPDR ( XLU) while those bearish on the utilities sector could consider ProShares UltraShort Utilities ( SDP).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts