3 Stocks Dragging The Utilities Sector Downward
2. As of noon trading, Energy Company of Minas Gerais ( CIG) is down $0.18 (-3.2%) to $5.49 on average volume. Thus far, 3.2 million shares of Energy Company of Minas Gerais exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $5.39-$5.51 after having opened the day at $5.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.67. Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, transformation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electric energy primarily in Minas Gerais, Brazil. Energy Company of Minas Gerais has a market cap of $6.3 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are down 4.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Energy Company of Minas Gerais a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Energy Company of Minas Gerais as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Get the full Energy Company of Minas Gerais Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts