The deal is worth $369 million, and the consortium will pay $19.50 per share in cash for Chindex. Founder and Chief Executive Officer Roberta Lipson will stay on as CEO after the deal.
"Bringing in the expertise of TPG and Fosun will be a win for our existing business, our expansion plans and the patients and communities we serve and hope to serve," Lipson said in the company's statement. "Over the last 15 years, Chindex has built its United Family Healthcare network into a premium brand, but we believe that new partners and committed financing are needed to achieve the next phases of these plans, including new facilities in our current service locations as well as significant geographic expansion. Together with Fosun and TPG, we will be able to continue developing our capabilities to offer comprehensive healthcare services of the highest quality across the entire life cycle of our patients."
The deal should give TPG and Fosun a foothold in China's private healthcare sector, which has been growing quickly as the Chinese government invests in it to alleviate pressure on public hospitals and to drive down prices through more competition in the market.Must Read: Chindex International, Inc. Shareholder Alert: Bernstein Liebhard LLP Announces Investigation Of Acquisition By TPG And Fosun Pharma
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV