Assembly of the composite wings will also take place at the company's Everett site, with the exact location to be determined in the months ahead.
"Today we gain certainty that Washington will remain the global leader in aerospace for decades to come," said Washington Governor Jay Inslee. "Thanks to this tremendous investment by Boeing, we know that thousands of talented Washington workers will soon be fabricating the most technologically advanced carbon fiber structure ever developed and the world's next great commercial airplane, the 777X. The work at this plant also launches Washington into the forefront of advanced composites manufacturing – an industry with exciting growth potential beyond aerospace."
"Today's announcement signals the beginning of a new era of aerospace for Everett and Washington state," said Everett Mayor Ray Stephanson. "The 777X and composite wing technology represent a wealth of opportunity – not just for Boeing and its workers – but also for our entire community. With our history and experienced workforce, Everett has earned its place at the forefront of this next phase of commercial aviation."
"Thank you to everyone who participated in this process, especially our IAM teammates and elected officials. Together we will carry forward our tradition of aerospace excellence in Washington," added Conner.The 777X builds on today's passenger-preferred, market-leading 777 and offers more market coverage and revenue capability than the competition. First delivery is targeted for 2020. Contact: Doug AlderBoeing Commercial AirplanesMedia Relations+1 206-544-1814 email@example.com Photos and captions are available here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV