NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- After the holiday on Monday, U.S. equities are mixed Tuesday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average down slightly, and the S&P 500 and Nasdaq in positive territory.
World equity markets are slightly mixed as well, with the FTSE 100 up about 0.5% and the DAX down 0.14%. The Nikkei soared more than 3%.
Jonathan Marino noted that Coca-Cola (KO) reported earnings before the open. Shares are lower after the company reported in-line earnings results of 46 cents per share and lower-than-expected revenues for the fourth quarter.
The stock was down roughly 6% on the year headed into the report and is currently off an additional 4% following the results, which were accompanied by weaker-than-expected guidance.Herbalife (HLF) will report earnings after the close, Marino added. Analysts are looking for earnings of $1.25 per share, vs. $1.05 per share in the same period last year. The stock is up 70% in the past 12-months. Panera Bread Company (PNRA) and Potbelly (PBPB) will also report earnings after Tuesday's close. Lastly, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, is looking for Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) to boost its buyback plan. The stock is up 20% in the past year. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS had no positions in stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV