New Lifetime High Reached By Eagle Materials (EXP)
- EXP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $105.4 million.
- EXP has traded 10,691 shares today.
- EXP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXP: Eagle Materials Inc. manufactures and distributes building products used in residential, industrial, commercial, and infrastructure construction in the United States. The company operates in four segments: Cement, Gypsum Wallboard, Recycled Paperboard, and Concrete and Aggregates. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. EXP has a PE ratio of 37.8. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Eagle Materials a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Eagle Materials has been 638,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Eagle has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.97 and a short float of 3.1% with 1.20 days to cover. Shares are up 6.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Eagle Materials as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 38.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.49, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.00, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 70.27% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 25.39% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- EAGLE MATERIALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EAGLE MATERIALS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.24 versus $0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.57 versus $1.24).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Construction Materials industry. The net income increased by 75.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $17.98 million to $31.62 million.
- You can view the full Eagle Materials Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.