Today EQT (EQT) Hits New Lifetime High
- EQT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $216.1 million.
- EQT has traded 18,645 shares today.
- EQT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EQT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EQT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EQT: Natural Gas Utility, (NYSE: EQT), natural gas production and gathering, natural gas distribution and transmission in the Appalachian area, and energy infrastructure and efficiency solutions primarily in the northeastern section of the United States and in selected international markets. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. EQT has a PE ratio of 44.5. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate EQT a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for EQT has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EQT has a market cap of $14.4 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 1.7% with 1.14 days to cover. Shares are up 6.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EQT as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EQT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for EQT CORP is rather high; currently it is at 68.83%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.34% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- EQT CORP has improved earnings per share by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EQT CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.21 versus $1.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.22 versus $2.21).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 139.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $48.04 million to $115.21 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 57.53% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full EQT Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts