Walt Disney (DIS) Hits New Lifetime High
- DIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $821.7 million.
- DIS has traded 200,662 shares today.
- DIS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DIS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DIS: The Walt Disney Company operates as an entertainment company worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products, and Interactive. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. DIS has a PE ratio of 21.4. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Walt Disney a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Walt Disney has been 7.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Walt Disney has a market cap of $136.5 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.31 and a short float of 1.9% with 3.30 days to cover. Shares are up 2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Walt Disney as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DIS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 33.76% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.73% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DIS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- DISNEY (WALT) CO has improved earnings per share by 33.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DISNEY (WALT) CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.38 versus $3.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.02 versus $3.38).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income increased by 33.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,382.00 million to $1,840.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, DISNEY (WALT) CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts