New Lifetime High Reached: Anixter International (AXE)
- AXE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.1 million.
- AXE has traded 2,055 shares today.
- AXE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AXE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AXE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AXE: Anixter International Inc., together with its subsidiaries, distributes enterprise cabling and security solutions, electrical and electronic wire and cable products, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) supply fasteners, and other small parts. AXE has a PE ratio of 15.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Anixter International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Anixter International has been 198,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Anixter International has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 1.61 and a short float of 3.5% with 1.96 days to cover. Shares are up 8.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Anixter International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 993.75% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 39.28% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AXE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ANIXTER INTL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ANIXTER INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.03 versus $3.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.50 versus $6.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income increased by 1039.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.10 million to $58.10 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, ANIXTER INTL INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Anixter International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.