Shire (SHPG) Moving On Heavy Pre-Market Trading
- SHPG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $87.6 million.
- SHPG traded 94,820 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:08 AM, representing 17.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SHPG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SHPG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SHPG: PHARMACEUTICAL DEVELOPMENT Regional - Other: Chemicals / Pharmaceuticals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. SHPG has a PE ratio of 42.4. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Shire a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Shire has been 408,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Shire has a market cap of $29.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 11.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Shire as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SHPG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SHPG has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, SHPG has a quick ratio of 1.78, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, SHIRE PLC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1172.72% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 57.14% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SHPG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 52.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $42.00 million to $64.00 million.
- You can view the full Shire Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.