Only European Small Cap ETF in U.S. Market for Accessing European Economic Resurgence
Fund Launched in Company's Original Core Equity ETF Suite in June 2006
NEW YORK, Feb. 18, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- WisdomTree (Nasdaq:WETF), an exchange-traded fund ("ETF") sponsor and asset manager, today announced the WisdomTree Europe SmallCap Dividend Fund (DFE) recently surpassed $1 billion in assets. DFE is designed to provide exposure to the small-capitalization segment of the European dividend-paying market.Positioning for a European Recovery with Small-Caps Since the second half of 2013 and into early 2014, Europe's economy is steadily returning to growth; Moreover, consumers have shown signs of improvement, and the manufacturing surveys are pointing toward expansion. Luciano Siracusano, WisdomTree Chief Investment Strategist, commented, "This stabilization of the European economy is encouraging and a step toward alleviating a major concern for the global economy. We believe the best way to participate in the European recovery is through the small-capitalization segment of the equity market, as smaller companies are typically more sensitive to the local economy and cyclical sectors of Europe." There are limited choices available to those interested in targeting exposure to European small-cap companies. In fact, DFE remains the only broad European small-cap ETF in the U.S. market today. 1 Building Compelling Track-Record "While we recognize that past performance is no indicator of future results, we believe that when a fund ranks number one in a particular investment category on a total return basis over the past one year period, it deserves special recognition," said Jeremy Schwartz, WisdomTree Director of Research. "This is particularly true when the fund category is becoming a prime focus for asset flows and investors are re-assessing the role that such a significant investment theme should play in their portfolios." The WisdomTree Europe SmallCap Dividend Fund (DFE) was ranked the number one fund out of 113 open-ended (OE) mutual funds and ETFs in Morningstar's Europe Stock peer group during the 2013 year on a total return basis. 2 Supporting DFE with Targeted Research Further research and insight from our experts can be found on the WisdomTree Blog under the "Europe Small Caps" theme:
- Why European Small Caps Performed Strongly in 2013: http://bit.ly/1dTclJv
- European Small Caps Separate from the Pack: http://bit.ly/1fFIiba
- Deep Capacity Can Be a Benefit to Index-Based Investing: http://bit.ly/1d18VUQ
- European Small Caps from a Capital Markets Perspective: http://bit.ly/1mDOa7k
- The WisdomTree Europe Hedged Equity Fund ( HEDJ): exposure to European exporters, while hedging out the fluctuations in the euro.
- The WisdomTree Euro Debt Fund ( EU): exposure to the debt of highly rated Euro-Zone sovereign and supranational issuers, as well as the movements in the euro relative to the U.S. dollar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts