BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- What a week. The S&P 500 climbed more than 2.3% in the last five trading sessions, the biggest single-week bounce for stocks in recent memory.
That upside wasn't hugely surprising. In fact, it was coming due. So now that stocks are back in "rally mode," it makes sense to be betting on more upside in February. That doesn't mean that we're back to a "buy everything" environment. Not even close.To make the most out of the momentum for a short trading week, it makes sense to focus on the "Rocket Stocks." For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 236 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 85.48%. >>5 Shareholder Yield Stocks to Beat the S&P Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV