ST. LOUIS, Feb. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sigma- Aldrich ® Corporation (NASDAQ: SIAL) today announced the appointment of Darryl Goss as President of SAFC ® Hitech ( www.sigmaaldrich.com/safchitech), its high-technology custom manufacturing services business unit. As a vertically integrated supplier of critical on-wafer materials to the microelectronics material space, the new appointment reinforces the Company's commitment to drive new products into industry applications.
" Darryl Goss has delivered on the SAFC commitment to bring customers the highest quality of products and services," said Gilles Cottier, Sigma-Aldrich Executive Vice President and President of SAFC Commercial. "Darryl is a proven leader who can help us capitalize on significant opportunities and strengthen our unique portfolio aimed at the microelectronics industry."
Goss will lead all aspects of SAFC Hitech's commercial efforts, including product development and growth in the Company's Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), Metalorganic Chemical Vapour Deposition (MOVCD), Energy and Display and LED segments. He will also manage the Company's chemical R&D and manufacturing experts, who ensure that high-purity materials meet the quality and service standards demanded by the silicon semiconductor, LED and energy and display markets.
Goss most recently served as General Manager for SAFC's Life Science Services business in Europe and Asia. He began his career in Information Technology with IBM and later moved into senior roles in Operations, IT and General Management in the healthcare industry. Goss earned his undergraduate degree from the University of California at Davis and received an MBA from the University of Chicago."I am excited about this opportunity to lead the talented and dedicated team at SAFC Hitech and I look forward to working with our clients and colleagues to deliver success," said Goss.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV