- Ericsson named as the sole supplier of online charging and policy control solution for Taiwan's leading operator, Chunghwa Telecom
- Chunghwa will be able to create flexible, innovative and differentiated service offerings for its existing and LTE customers
- Chunghwa's LTE consumers will benefit from real-time control of their services and usage - regardless of their desired payment method
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 18, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd (NYSE:CHT), has selected Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) as the consulting and systems integrator of an online charging system (OCS) and policy and charging rules function (PCRF).
The new BSS (business support systems) environment supported by Ericsson will include a single integrated online charging and policy control solution that serves existing and LTE prepaid and postpaid subscribers.
Ericsson's solution will allow Chunghwa to offer its existing and LTE customers real-time control of their service usage, account balances and richer offerings with the right QoS (quality of service) and enhanced user experience.Lin Kuo-Feng, President of Chunghwa Telecom Mobile Business Group, says: "We know from Chunghwa Telecom's long-standing cooperation with Ericsson that we will get the best solution and support the market has to offer for this business-critical function." Jan Signell, Head of Region North East Asia at Ericsson, says: "We're pleased that Chunghwa Telecom trusts us to drive this BSS transformation and deliver an integrated online charging and policy control solution. Consumers and enterprises increasingly expect transparency, control and individualization of their online experience. Delivering on this creates an invaluable competitive advantage for Chunghwa in a rapidly evolving marketplace." Worldwide, Ericsson delivers more than 1,500 consulting and systems integration projects every year in multi-vendor and multi-technology environments, and is the clear market leader in real-time charging with more than 280 charging and billing customers worldwide. During Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, Spain, Ericsson is showing world-leading technology and service capabilities and innovations. We believe that anything that benefits from a connection will be connected, and we lead the way with solutions that drive the development in mobility, broadband and the cloud, creating the foundation for eco-systems and transformation across industries. We are your guide in the Networked Society.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV