Full Year 2013 Results:
- Results Comparable to Record 2012
- Net Sales $1.3 Billion; Value Added Revenue $734 Million
- Operating Income $173 Million; Adjusted EBITDA $174 Million; EBITDA Margin 24%
Full Year 2013 Business Highlights:
- Record Aerospace Plate Shipments Offset by Non-Plate Aerospace Inventory Overhang
- Record Automotive Value Added Revenue; Increasing Content per Vehicle
- ~$70 Million Invested for Future Growth and Efficiency
- ~$100 Million Returned to Shareholders Through Quarterly Dividends and Share Repurchases
FOOTHILL RANCH, Calif., Feb. 17, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kaiser Aluminum Corporation (Nasdaq:KALU) today reported net income of $105 million, or $5.44 earnings per diluted share, for the year ended December 31, 2013 compared to $86 million, or $4.45 earnings per diluted share, for the prior year ended December 31, 2012. Excluding the impact of non-run-rate items, adjusted net income was $70 million, or $3.65 per diluted share, for the full year 2013 compared to the prior year adjusted net income of $74 million, or $3.82 per diluted share. The decrease in adjusted net income was primarily related to a full year of interest expense in 2013 on the Company's Senior Notes, which were issued in May 2012.Value added revenue for the full year 2013 of $734 million compared to $736 million in 2012, reflecting record shipments of aerospace plate offset by lower demand for non-plate aerospace products due to excess supply chain inventory. In addition, value added revenue for automotive extrusions reflected a new record in 2013, increasing approximately 12% as new programs launched in the second half of 2013. Adjusted consolidated EBITDA of $174 million and adjusted EBITDA margin on value added revenue of 24% was comparable to the prior year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV