Chicago Unveils 2014 List Of 100 Most Powerful People In Town
CHICAGO, Feb. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Chicago magazine's special Power Issue, on newsstands Thursday, extends the theme of Power to all the magazine's feature stories for the first time. Its centerpiece: The third annual list of the 100 most powerful Chicagoans—the people who have the influence, ability, and potential to make big things happen, for better or worse. Who's up? Who's down? Who fell of the list altogether? It's all here. Readers are encouraged to join in the conversation by sharing their views and their own picks at chicagomag.com/power2014.
Next, Chicago takes a close look at billionaire J.B. Pritzker-- one of the three Pritzkers who made The Power 100 - in The Other Mayor of Chicago, showing how he manages to be both a power broker and an unintimidating Everyman as he works to turn Chicago into a "Silicon Prairie" tech hub. Find out who J.B. is and what makes him tick in this exclusive interview.
The most powerful looks of the season are revealed in Chicago 's fashion feature, Spring into Action. Ranging from pants and skirts to dresses, each strategically chosen piece has one strong theme in common: A little (or a lot of) dazzle. It takes confidence to pull off such eye-catching looks, which means the women wearing them may very well be the most powerful people in the room.
Other stories from the March issue of Chicago magazine include:
- Real Estate: Manse-A-Palooza – Million-dollar listings in Chicago took off in 2013, with 33 percent more such homes sold than in 2012. Chicago showcases the ten priciest sales in Cook County, as well as the tops in the other neighboring metro-area counties.
- Culture: Capturing Chicago – Chicagoland, the new CNN documentary set to premiere March 6, goes ankle-deep into the city's violence outbreak, brought to light by the headline-making shooting of 14 year-old Hadiya Pendleton in 2013. With national media fixated on the tragedy, producers Robert Redford and Laura Michalchyshyn moved quickly to involve Rahm Emanuel on the idea for the docu-series.
- Dining: 13 Great Places to BYOB – Chicago's Food Critic Penny Pollack shares a list of the best restaurants for every budget where your wine is always welcome - with no corkage fees or other restrictions.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts