In its fourth quarter results Stamps.com posted earnings of 61 cents a share, beating analyst estimates of 54 cents a share by 7 cents. The company missed revenue estimates, however, posting revenue of $32.4 million, compared to analyst estimates of $34 million.
Stamps.com forecasts earnings between $2.10 and $2.50 a share for the full year 2014, while analysts expect $2.48 a share for the year. The company expects revenue between $125 million and $140 million, compared to analyst estimates of $141.8 million for the year.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 26.19% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 46.77% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, STMP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- STAMPS.COM INC has improved earnings per share by 26.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, STAMPS.COM INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.29 versus $1.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.32 versus $2.29).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 25.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.98 million to $8.76 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- STMP has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.72, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: STMP Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV