By market close, shares retreated slightly, up 4.6% to $79.81. Trading volume of 1.9 million was higher than its three-month daily average of 1.1 million.
The Michigan-based business reported fourth-quarter net income of $1.84 a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected $1.64 a share in net income.
Revenue of $4.5 billion was 12.5% higher than a year earlier and beat estimates by $275 million.The company has been profiting from a steady recovery in the auto industry, both domestically and abroad. Higher sales were due to increasing demand for TRW auto technologies, such as camera and radar sensors, and higher vehicle production volumes. "TRW's successes in 2013 highlight the company's strong market position as our achievements were accomplished against a backdrop of challenging economic conditions, especially in our largest market, Europe," said CEO John Plant in a statement. TheStreet Ratings team rates TRW AUTOMOTIVE HOLDINGS CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate TRW AUTOMOTIVE HOLDINGS CORP (TRW) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TRW Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV