NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- As TheStreet continues its coverage of African Americans during Black History Month, we meet up with the Greening Youth Foundation's Angelou C. Ezeilo, founder & CEO, and James C. Ezeilo, vice president of strategic partnerships and development.
On Valentine's Day, the couple, who have been married for 19 years, talked with TheStreet about their love for each other, their family, the community and Mother Earth. They have two sons: Miles, 15, and Cole, 12.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Georgia, the nonprofit organization is supported by corporate sponsors, including Whole Foods (WFM - Get Report), Kroger (KR), UPS (UPS), Best Buy (BBY - Get Report), Lowes (LOW) and REI. The Greening Youth Foundation also has partnerships with federal land management agencies.
They are the shepherds of all things natural: air, land and water. The company is also making sure future generations are taught to value and manage those natural resources as well.
Here are three things you should know about the Greening Youth Foundation:
- It is an international nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage underserved youth and young adults while connecting them to nature and conservation careers.
- Through their partnership with federal land management agencies, their youth conservation corps provides paid opportunities for young adults to work on service crews and internships on federal lands, like national parks, refuges and forests.
- Their Public School Initiative trains and certifies college interns to implement their environmental and wellness hands-on programming to youth in schools, recreation centers and boys' and girls' clubs.
Do you see the environmental movement as a vehicle for economic development? Check out the video above to see how this power couple, both with law degrees, replies.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts