BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Feb. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Noelle Pikus-Pace, U.S. Olympian and member of Team Kellogg's™, took the silver medal today in the skeleton event, finishing with a time of 3:53:86.
"It feels incredible to represent Team USA and Team Kellogg's on the podium at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games," said Pikus-Pace. "As an athlete and a mom, I know how important breakfast is. The fact that fans have the chance to help turn my great starts into a great thing – breakfast for kids in need – makes this win even more special."
Kellogg's® and Team Kellogg's Team Up for Great Starts Kellogg's believes everyone deserves a great start, and that begins with breakfast. However, one in five kids goes without breakfast every day. By supporting Team Kellogg's and their great starts, you can help provide 2 million breakfasts to kids in need through the "Give a Great Start" program.
- Each time a fan tags a Facebook or Twitter post with #greatstarts, Kellogg's will help provide breakfast to a child in need.
- Kellogg's has chronicled the inspirational beginnings of Team Kellogg's athletes in a series of moving "Start Story" videos that follow the athletes' journeys, which can be seen at Kelloggs.com/teamusa . For each view, like or share of the Start Stories, Kellogg's will help provide breakfast to a child in need.
Noelle's start came from an enormous appetite to please and her enthusiasm for sport. Her moment came when her high school bobsled coach asked for volunteers for something new. She jumped at the opportunity and he pulled out what seemed to be a cookie sheet. He asked her to lie on it and suggested she grip tight and without further ado, he pushed her with little ceremony and off she went. She descended, screaming in terror. Eventually that terror gave way to excitement, which then transformed into unfettered joy. At the end, at the bottom, beaming an enormous smile, she remembers saying to herself, AGAIN. AGAIN. I want to go again.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts