CANTON, Ohio, Feb. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Timken Company's (NYSE: TKR; www.timken.com) board of directors has elected Christopher L. Mapes a director of the company. Additionally, the board announced its slate of candidates to be elected at the 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders scheduled in Canton on Tuesday, May 13.
Mapes currently serves as chairman, president and chief executive officer of Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: LECO), a global manufacturer and market leader of high-quality welding, cutting and joining products. He oversees all of Lincoln Electric's businesses, as well as its global product development initiatives. A 119-year-old company based in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln Electric operates 45 manufacturing locations in 19 countries and generated $2.9 billion in revenue in 2012.
" Chris Mapes brings to our board a wide breadth of experience in manufacturing management and global development as well as his perspective as an active CEO of a well-respected manufacturer," said Ward J. "Tim" Timken Jr., chairman of the Timken board. "We look forward to his counsel and guidance as a new leadership team takes the helm and drives The Timken Company to continued success."Mapes was named president and chief executive officer of Lincoln Electric on Dec. 31, 2012, and a year later was elected chairman of the board. Prior to joining the company in late 2011 as its chief operating officer, Mapes was executive vice president of A.O. Smith Corp. and president of its Electrical Products Company, a former division of A.O. Smith Corp. His 25-year career in manufacturing management also includes roles with Regal-Beloit Corp., Superior Telecom, Essex Group and General Motors Corporation. He holds a bachelor's degree from Ball State University in Muncie, Ind., a law degree from the University of Toledo in Ohio and a master of business administration degree from Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management in Evanston, Ill. Separately, the Timken board of directors selected candidates for election to new one-year terms, noted that three current directors will not seek re-election when their terms end, and announced four individuals whom the board expects to assume new director roles when the TimkenSteel Corporation board forms later this year. The candidates for election are:
- Phillip R. Cox, president and chief executive officer of Cox Financial Corporation, and a Timken director since 2004;
- Diane C. Creel, retired chairman, chief executive officer and president of Ecovation, Inc., named to the Timken board in 2012;
- Richard G. Kyle, chief operating officer of bearings and power transmission for Timken, named a director in 2013;
- John A. Luke, Jr., chairman and chief executive officer of MeadWestvaco Corporation, and a member of the Timken board since 1999;
- Christopher L. Mapes, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc., named to the Timken board in 2014;
- Joseph W. Ralston, retired general, USAF, and vice chairman of The Cohen Group, and a Timken director since 2003;
- John P. Reilly, former chairman, president and chief executive officer of Figgie International, and a Timken director since 2006;
- John M. Timken, Jr., private investor, and member of the Timken board since 1986;
- Frank C. Sullivan, chairman and chief executive officer of RPM, Inc., and a Timken board member since 2003;
- Ward J. Timken, Jr., chairman of the Timken board of directors, and a director since 2002; and
- Jacqueline F. Woods, retired president of AT&T Ohio, named a Timken director in 2000.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts