Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock Is Leapfrog (LF)
- LF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.0 million.
- LF has traded 3.3 million shares today.
- LF is up 3.1% today.
- LF was down 8.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LF: LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. designs, develops, and markets technology-based learning products and related proprietary content for children worldwide. LF has a PE ratio of 23.5. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Leapfrog a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Leapfrog has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Leapfrog has a market cap of $454.3 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.72 and a short float of 30.5% with 8.35 days to cover. Shares are down 19.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Leapfrog as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LF's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- LF has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, LF has a quick ratio of 2.44, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Leisure Equipment & Products industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, LEAPFROG ENTERPRISES INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- 39.49% is the gross profit margin for LEAPFROG ENTERPRISES INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of LF's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 13.12% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Leapfrog Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts