BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Feb. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE: VMC) at a meeting held today declared a quarterly dividend of five cents per share on its common stock payable March 10, 2014, to shareholders of record February 24, 2014. The new quarterly dividend represents a four cent per share increase over quarterly dividends paid in 2013.
According to Vulcan's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Don James, "Vulcan's Board is pleased to begin the process of restoring a meaningful dividend for our shareholders. This increase reflects our improving operating earnings and cash flows, strengthening balance sheet and favorable outlook for our business."
Vulcan Materials Company, a member of the S&P 500 index, is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of asphalt mix and concrete. For additional information about Vulcan, go to www.vulcanmaterials.com.SOURCE Vulcan Materials Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV