HOUSTON, Feb. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Apache Corporation (NYSE, Nasdaq: APA) announced today several changes to its executive organization:
- Roger Plank, president and chief corporate officer, has elected to retire from Apache.
- Alfonso Leon, senior vice president and chief of staff, has been appointed executive vice president and chief financial officer, reporting to G. Steven Farris, chairman, chief executive officer and president. Leon will lead Apache's financial, commercial, stakeholder relations, planning and strategy functions.
- Tom Chambers will assume the new position of senior vice president, Finance.
"In nearly 33 years at Apache, Roger has been intimately involved in Apache's direction and profitable growth, and I have valued his insight and perspective on our business, culture and strategy," Farris said.
Plank began his career in Apache's Minneapolis office in 1981 as an investment representative and advanced to president of Apache Programs Inc. He became a vice president of Apache in 1987 and provided leadership of the communications, investor relations, government affairs and planning functions. He became chief financial officer in 1997 and president of the company in 2009.
Plank serves on the board of the Alley Theatre in Houston and is a past president of Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association (TIPRO), a large trade association. He is the lead director of Parker Drilling Co. in Houston, and chairs its compensation committee. He is co-chair of the Alley Theatre's capital campaign.Leon has been senior vice president and chief of staff since 2012. He joined Apache in 2009 and has led the evolution of the company's planning, strategy and investor relations functions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV