NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, discussed Deckers Outdoor (DECK) after the outdoor clothing company saw a nearly 10% jump in sales of its UGG product line. Despite a remarkable quarter, Cramer noted the stock fell in the pre-market. The stock has continued to fall, and was recently down 16%.
The guidance from CEO Angel Martinez was "so terrible, so negative," that the analysts are either jumping ship or revising price targets down, Cramer said.
"I'm not saying this is not a buying opportunity," he said. "I don't like fashion. Fashion is a very tough industry," he added, referring to the travails of Lululemon (LULU).But UGGs did have a great quarter, Cramer pointed out. Sales of the brand were up nearly 10%. "But Martinez threw so much cold water on the forward [guidance] that people are scratching their heads and selling."
- Written by Anthony Buccino in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV