ITASCA, Ill., Feb. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG) today announced the acquisition of Benefit Development Group of Selma, Alabama. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Established in 1986, Benefit Development Group (BDG) provides employee benefit consultation, management and brokerage services for full and self-funded, middle-to-large group clients throughout the United States. They focus on employee benefit compliance, design, financing, administration and communication. Holland Powell, David Cothran, Duncan Hope and their associates will continue to operate in their current location under the direction of John Neumaier, leader of Gallagher's south central employee benefit consulting and brokerage operations.
"BDG is highly-regarded in the industry for its solid market relationships, strong industry expertise, and dedication to quality client service," said J. Patrick Gallagher, Jr., Chairman, President and CEO. "Their service-based culture is a natural fit and their central Alabama presence will be a great complement to our employee benefits operation. We are pleased to welcome Holland, David, Duncan and their colleagues to our growing Gallagher family of professionals."
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., an international insurance brokerage and risk management services firm, is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, has operations in 24 countries and offers client service capabilities in more than 140 countries around the world through a network of correspondent brokers and consultants.Contact: Marsha J. Akin Director - Investor Relations630-285-3501/ firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV