3 Stocks Driving The Consumer Goods Sector Higher
1. As of noon trading, General Motors ( GM) is up $0.52 (1.5%) to $35.72 on light volume. Thus far, 6.6 million shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $35.25-$35.79 after having opened the day at $35.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.20. General Motors Company (GM) designs, manufactures, and markets cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. General Motors has a market cap of $56.5 billion and is part of the automotive industry. Shares are down 13.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts who rate General Motors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates General Motors as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full General Motors Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts