NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of VF Corp. VFC are lower by almost 6% on Friday after missing on both top and bottom line earnings estimates.
TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said the miss was "a little disturbing" because the company doesn't usually miss earnings estimates.
He argued that Europe was strong, as was its North Face brand. There may be some weakness in its jeans-wear business segment, which includes brands like Wrangler, Lee Jeans, Chic and Rustlers.
Cramer told investors they need to really drill down and figure out what happened to VF Corp. this quarter.As for the selloff, he said this might be one of the rare buying opportunities for investors to nab shares, since earnings-induced selloffs don't happen very often with this stock. Cramer called CEO Eric Wiseman "one of my bankable 21," which is a list of his top CEOs highlighted in his book, Get Rich Carefully. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV