Stock To Watch: Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR) In Perilous Reversal
- ACOR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.9 million.
- ACOR has traded 126,877 shares today.
- ACOR is down 3.1% today.
- ACOR was up 10% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ACOR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ACOR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ACOR: Acorda Therapeutics, Inc., a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in the identification, development, and commercialization of therapies for multiple sclerosis (MS), spinal cord injury (SCI), and other central nervous system disorders primarily in the United States. ACOR has a PE ratio of 8.8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Acorda Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Acorda Therapeutics has been 437,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Acorda has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.55 and a short float of 9.5% with 7.25 days to cover. Shares are up 16.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Acorda Therapeutics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- ACOR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.60, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ACORDA THERAPEUTICS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ACORDA THERAPEUTICS INC is currently very high, coming in at 81.56%. Regardless of ACOR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ACOR's net profit margin of 8.80% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Acorda Therapeutics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts