Top 3 Yielding Buy-Rated Stocks: ESV, OHI, CXW
Corrections Corporation of America (NYSE: CXW) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.00%. Corrections Corporation of America, together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates privatized correctional and detention facilities in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.38. The average volume for Corrections Corporation of America has been 877,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Corrections Corporation of America has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 1.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Corrections Corporation of America as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CORRECTIONS CORP AMER has improved earnings per share by 7.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CORRECTIONS CORP AMER increased its bottom line by earning $1.56 versus $1.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.88 versus $1.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 22.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $42.34 million to $51.84 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, CORRECTIONS CORP AMER's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $100.75 million or 8.28% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CORRECTIONS CORP AMER has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -56.67%.
- CXW, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Corrections Corporation of America Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts