Update (9:42 a.m.): Updated with Friday market open information.
The stock was falling 1% to $36.69 shortly after the market opened on Friday.
- MATTEL INC has improved earnings per share by 23.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MATTEL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.60 versus $2.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.66 versus $2.60).
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.49, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MAT has a quick ratio of 2.20, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to other companies in the Leisure Equipment & Products industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MATTEL INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MATTEL INC is rather high; currently it is at 54.46%. Regardless of MAT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MAT's net profit margin of 17.47% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MAT Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts