The leading developer of electric measuring tools expects net income between 71 cents and 73 cents a share for the three months to April. Sales are forecast between $1.72 billion and $1.74 billion.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters forecast earnings of 81 cents a share on $1.78 billion in sales.
Jefferies reiterated a "buy" rating but cut its price target by a dollar to $66."We expect shares of A to open lower on the recalibrated FY14 outlook, though such a pullback would offer a compelling entry point ahead of accelerating 2H14 trends & a value-enhancing spin (Nov. 2014)," wrote analysts in the note. UBS reiterated a "buy" and price target of $65, but downwardly revised earnings estimates. For the second quarter ending April, the firm estimates 74 cents a share from 82 cents a share. In its third quarter, earnings of 80 cents a share were cut to 78 cents a share. Must Read: Agilent Technologies Reports First Quarter TheStreet Ratings team rates AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC (A) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: A Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV