Newcastle Investment Corp. (“Newcastle” or the “Company”; NYSE:NCT) announced today that the spin-off of New Media Investment Group Inc. (“New Media”) was successfully completed on February 13, 2014. Starting today, New Media will begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “NEWM.”
Holders of Newcastle common stock as of the record date, February 6, 2014, have been electronically issued 0.07219481485 shares of New Media common stock for each share of Newcastle common stock held as of the record date. Fractional shares were not issued in the spin-off. Instead, as soon as practicable after the spin-off, American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC, the distribution agent, will aggregate fractional shares and sell these shares in the open market at prevailing market prices and distribute the applicable portion of the aggregate net cash proceeds of these sales to each holder who otherwise would have been entitled to receive a fractional share in the spin-off.
Newcastle focuses on investing in, and actively managing, real estate related assets and primarily invests in: (1) Senior Housing Assets and (2) Real Estate & Other Debt, in addition to other opportunistic investments. The Company conducts its operations to qualify as a real estate investment trust for federal income tax purposes. The Company is managed by an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group LLC, a global investment management firm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV