With more than 255,900 hours in service, Boeing is continually looking for ways to improve the 747-8's performance. The company began delivering 747-8s with performance-improved engines last December as part of the Performance Improvement Package (PIP) program. The engines improve the airplane's efficiency by 1.8% and provide an unprecedented level of capability out of challenging airports like Dubai, Johannesburg and Mexico City.
Boeing is also supporting Cargolux with a number of solutions from Boeing Commercial Aviation Services to improve operational efficiency across the airline's fleet, including Airplane Health Management (AHM), Maintenance Performance Toolbox, Jeppesen Navigation Charts and Jeppesen FliteDeck Pro.
As well as being one of the launch customers for the 747-8 Freighter, Cargolux also took delivery of the first ever 747-400 Freighter in November 1993. The all-Boeing carrier has a fleet comprised entirely of 747-400 Freighters and 747-8 Freighters.
Contact: Daniel MoselyInternational CommunicationsBoeing Commercial Airplanes+44 208-235-5665 daniel.mosely@:boeing.comSOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV