7 Bizarre Romantic Theme Hotels for Valentine's Day
NEW YORK (MainStreet) Here's a fun fact. Out in Japan they have these places called Love Hotels. They rent rooms for the sole purpose and duration of a quick fling with that special (or available) someone. While the Japanese certainly don't have the monopoly on hourly accommodation, for a long time they did have the market cornered on tackiness. A Japanese love hotel looks like something that exploded out of a Joel Schumacher movie.
No more. Today you can find mind bending decorations right here in the United States, with hotels that offer wild themes to couples looking for a getaway. Want to spend the night inside a giant mushroom? Check. A one-room castle with working drawbridge? We can do that. Ever wanted to bathe in a 15-foot-tall champagne glass? Step right this way.
So, in honor of the holiday and the hard work put in by hoteliers who have clearly found their calling, we present seven of the most bizarre romantic theme hotels for this Valentine's Day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV