American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) today announced the following actions taken by its Board of Directors:
- Declared a dividend of $0.125 per share on AIG common stock, par value $2.50 per share (AIG Common Stock), an increase of $0.025. The dividend is payable on Tuesday, March 25, 2014, to stockholders of record at the close of business on Tuesday, March 11, 2014.
- Authorized the repurchase of additional shares of AIG Common Stock with an aggregate purchase price of up to $1.0 billion. As of February 13, 2014, AIG has repurchased approximately $600 million of shares of AIG Common Stock pursuant to a prior authorization from the Board of Directors to repurchase shares of AIG Common Stock with an aggregate purchase price of up to $1.0 billion, resulting in an aggregate remaining authorization of approximately $1.4 billion. Repurchases may be made from time to time in the open market, private purchases, through forward, derivative, accelerated repurchase or automatic repurchase transactions, or otherwise.
“We are very pleased that these actions enable us to return a portion of our success directly to our shareholders,” said Robert S. Miller, Chairman of the Board of AIG. “AIG’s solid performance this year underscores the strong fundamentals of our businesses, and builds upon the momentum that we generated.”
Remarking on the dividend action and repurchase authorization, Robert H. Benmosche, President and Chief Executive Officer of AIG, said: “These actions reaffirm the Board’s confidence in our strategy, and build upon the momentum generated by AIG’s strong fourth quarter and year-end operating results. We are committed to success in every corner of our business, and demonstrating what AIG can do.”
Certain statements in this press release constitute forward-looking statements. These statements are not historical facts but instead represent only AIG’s belief regarding future events, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and outside AIG’s control. It is possible that actual results will differ, possibly materially, from the anticipated results indicated in these statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ, possibly materially, from those in the forward-looking statements are discussed throughout AIG’s periodic filings with the SEC pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV