The telecommunications equipment company produces several devices for connecting homes to broadband networks including cable modems and set-top boxes. Arris currently has a "tight relationship" with Comcast according to Jefferies analyst James Kisner. The company also works with Time Warner Cable. Those relationships could lead to more sales for Arris when the merger between the cable companies closes.
TheStreet Ratings team rates ARRIS GROUP INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate ARRIS GROUP INC (ARRS) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- ARRS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 198.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ARRS's share price has jumped by 56.53%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ARRS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 434.55% to $36.04 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ARRIS GROUP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 29.69%.
- ARRIS GROUP INC's earnings per share declined by 13.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ARRIS GROUP INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.46 versus -$0.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.56 versus $0.46).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 0.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $17.86 million to $17.96 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ARRS Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV