The software company posted earnings of 57 cents a share in the fourth quarter, missing analyst estimates of 59 cents a share by just 2 cents. The company saw revenue increase 3.4% year-over-year to $811.4 million in the quarter. Diebold's revenue easily beat analyst estimates of $801.1 million for the quarter.
For the full year 2014 Diebold expects revenue of between $1.65 and $1.85 a share. That's in-line with analyst estimates of $1.79 a share. The company expects revenue growth in the low single digits.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- DBD, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 233.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $16.22 million to -$21.69 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, DIEBOLD INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DBD Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts