In trading on Thursday, shares of Brookfield Asset Management Inc's 4.75% Cumulative Class A Preference Shares, Series 18 (TSX: BAM-PRN.TO) were yielding above the 6% mark based on its quarterly dividend (annualized to $1.1875), with shares changing hands as low as $19.71 on the day. As of last close, BAM.PRN was trading at a 20.52% discount to its liquidation preference amount. It should be noted that the preferred shares are convertible.
The chart below shows the one year performance of BAM.PRN shares, versus BAM:
In Thursday trading, Brookfield Asset Management Inc's 4.75% Cumulative Class A Preference Shares, Series 18 (TSX: BAM-PRN.TO) is currently down about 0.3% on the day, while the common shares (BAM) are up about 0.6%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV