Revenue for the quarter totaled $238 million, a 31% year-over-year increase. Diluted earnings per American Depositary Share were 39 cents, which beat the consensus estimate of 35 cents, according to Barron's. Net income was $43 million, a 36% year-over-year increase.
Despite the report, Oppenheimer lowered its target price on Ctrip because the company "guides 10% non-GAAP margin for 1Q14, a historical low, due to aggressive spending in brand campaign and product development, plus 15-20% hotel coupon costs (though stabilizing)," according to the firm's research note. It lowered its target price to $50 from $65 and reduced its earnings per share estimate given the Ctrip's margin outlook for 2014; however, Oppenheimer noted, "CTRP remains a major player in China's OTA market and we stay positive about its long-term growth prospects."
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 15.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CTRP's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.21 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.48, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 81.81% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 78.28% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CTRP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income increased by 97.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $30.84 million to $60.95 million.
- The gross profit margin for CTRIP.COM INTL LTD is currently very high, coming in at 75.40%. Regardless of CTRP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CTRP's net profit margin of 24.20% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CTRP Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV