Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock: Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBGI)
- SBGI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.6 million.
- SBGI has traded 69,388 shares today.
- SBGI is up 3.6% today.
- SBGI was down 5.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SBGI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SBGI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SBGI: Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., a television broadcasting company, owns or provides programming, operating, or sales services to television stations in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. SBGI has a PE ratio of 20.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Sinclair Broadcast Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sinclair Broadcast Group has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sinclair Broadcast Group has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 2.55 and a short float of 13.1% with 3.01 days to cover. Shares are down 22% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sinclair Broadcast Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, SINCLAIR BROADCAST GP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 38.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $26.25 million to $36.34 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $97.27 million or 17.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.38%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SBGI's share price has jumped by 103.58%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Sinclair Broadcast Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts