Insulet Corporation (PODD) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
- PODD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.7 million.
- PODD has traded 3,170 shares today.
- PODD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PODD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PODD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PODD: Insulet Corporation, a medical device company, engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of insulin infusion systems for people with insulin-dependent diabetes in the United States. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Insulet Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Insulet Corporation has been 537,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Insulet has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.75 and a short float of 18.5% with 14.18 days to cover. Shares are up 17.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Insulet Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 71.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$12.42 million to -$21.29 million.
- INSULET CORP's earnings per share declined by 50.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, INSULET CORP reported poor results of -$1.08 versus -$0.98 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.87 versus -$1.08).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, INSULET CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- PODD's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.99 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.90 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- 49.90% is the gross profit margin for INSULET CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -34.84% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Insulet Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV