Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Conmed Corporation (CNMD) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Conmed Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CNMD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.9 million.
- CNMD has traded 2,085 shares today.
- CNMD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CNMD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CNMD NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on CNMD: CONMED Corporation provides surgical devices and equipment for minimally invasive procedures and monitoring. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. CNMD has a PE ratio of 46.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Conmed Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for Conmed Corporation has been 163,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Conmed has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.27 and a short float of 3.1% with 4.36 days to cover. Shares are up 4.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Conmed Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $30.48 million or 8.92% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -32.68%.
- The gross profit margin for CONMED CORP is rather high; currently it is at 59.61%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, CNMD's net profit margin of 3.17% significantly trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CNMD's share price has jumped by 39.81%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- CONMED CORP's earnings per share declined by 37.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CONMED CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.41 versus $0.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.77 versus $1.41).
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.38, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that CNMD's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.82 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Conmed Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about CNMD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV