Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC), a provincial Crown corporation and sole provider of universal compulsory auto insurance in British Columbia, and Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), a provider of software products to Property/Casualty insurers, today announced that ICBC has selected Guidewire PolicyCenter® as its new underwriting and policy administration solution. Guidewire PartnerConnect ™ alliance member, EY (Ernst & Young), has been selected to lead the implementation project.
After successfully beginning the deployment of Guidewire ClaimCenter® as its new end-to-end claims management system this past November, ICBC will now be working toward implementing PolicyCenter in an effort to modernize its policy administration system infrastructure and business processes. The organization is seeking to take advantage of new technologies to better serve its customers and brokers, update and improve its products and pricing, and introduce new industry standard offerings.
“With PolicyCenter, we are adopting foundational technology that is flexible and future-oriented,” said Kellee Irwin, ICBC’s vice president of insurance and driver licensing (acting). “A lot of what we do today, in terms of our sales process, is manual, time consuming, and inflexible. We look forward to PolicyCenter helping us enhance our customer focus and maintain the company’s financial stability.”
PolicyCenter will enable ICBC to:
- More quickly and cost-effectively roll-out improvements to ICBC’s products and pricing;
- Modernize the sales process and make it easier for both brokers and customers to do business with ICBC;
- Introduce new industry standard offerings and take advantage of new technologies to better serve customers; and
- Enhance operational efficiencies by automating manual tasks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV