Here are my buy-and-trade profiles for the three companies reporting before the bell on Friday:
Campbell Soup ($40.86): Analysts expect the provider of soups and sauces to report earnings of 73 cents a share. The stock has been below its 200-day SMA at $43.37 since Sept. 19 and has traded as low as $38.30 on Nov. 20. The weekly chart is negative, with its five-week MMA at $41.47 and its 200-week SMA at $36.65. The stock is up 6.8% over the last 12 months. My annual value level is $39.97 with semiannual and annual pivots at $41.31, $43.09 and $43.51 and $43.58, respectively. My quarterly risky level is $45.51.
J.M. Smucker ($93.71): Analysts expect the maker of peanut butter and jelly to report earnings of $1.67 a share. The stock has been below its 200-day SMA at $104.70 since Dec. 11, trading as low as $91.94 on Feb. 5. The weekly chart is negative but oversold with its five-week MMA at $97.67 and its 200-week SMA at $81.27. The stock has a gain of 3.1% over the last 12 months. My annual value level is $82.41 with an annual pivot at $98.74 and monthly risky level at $107.64.
TRW Automotive ($75.08): Analysts expect the supplier of vehicle-control and driver-assist automotive replacement parts to report earnings of $1.63 a share. The stock briefly dipped below its 200-day SMA at $70.71 on Feb 5 and is now above its 50-day SMA at $74.18. The weekly chart will shift to being positive if the stock has a weekly close above its five-week MMA at $74.29 with its 200-week SMA at $50.66. The stock has a gain of 24.7% over the last 12 months. My annual value level is $54.08 with semiannual risky levels at $82.23 and $83.58.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV