NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Earnings season may be slowing, but Kraft Foods (KRFT), Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) and Bankrate (RATE) plan to report quarterly results after the closing bell Thursday. On Friday morning, Campbell Soup (CPB) , J.M. Smucker (SJM) and TRW Automotive (TRW) are scheduled to report.
Here are my buy-and-trade profiles for the three companies reporting Thursday:
Cliffs Natural Resources ($21.99) Analysts expect this producer of iron-ore pellets and metallurgical coal to report earnings of 78 cents a share. The stock had been below its 200-day simple moving average (SMA) at $21.77 since Jan. 21, with a 2014 low of $18.42 set on Feb. 5. The stock moved back above its 200-day SMA on Wednesday with a test of its 50-day SMA at $22.93. The weekly chart will shift to being positive if the stock can close this week above its five-week modified moving average (MMA) at $22.06, with its 200-week SMA at $52.71. The stock has a loss of 39.9% over the last 12 months. My monthly risky level is $24.78.
Kraft Foods ($53.42): Analysts expect the provider of Kraft cheeses, Maxwell House Coffee, Oscar Mayer and Planters Nuts to report earnings of 61 cents a share. The stock has been below its 200-day SMA at $54.11 since Jan. 23, trading down to $50.54 on Feb. 5. The weekly chart will shift to being positive with a weekly close above its five-week MMA at $53.19. The stock has a gain of 13.1% over the last 12 months. My monthly value level is $52.16.Bankrate ($17.56): Analysts expect the aggregator of financial information to report earnings of 16 cents a share. The stock had been below its 200-day SMA at $17.15 since Jan. 17 but moved above it on Wednesday. The weekly chart shifts to positive with a weekly close above its five-week MMA at $17.04. The stock has a gain of 41.8% over the last 12 months. My quarterly value level is $12.70 with a monthly risky level is $20.53.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV