Today's Pre-Market Laggard Is Charter Communications (CHTR)
- CHTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $206.3 million.
- CHTR traded 91,925 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:32 AM.
- CHTR is down 6.6% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CHTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CHTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CHTR: Charter Communications, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides entertainment, information, and communications solutions to residential and commercial customers in the United States. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Charter Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Charter Communications has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Charter has a market cap of $14.3 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.58 and a short float of 15% with 5.01 days to cover. Shares are up 0.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Charter Communications as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CHTR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 68.41% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 234.52 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.20, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Charter Communications Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV