LOS ANGELES, Feb. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Drinks Americas (OTC: DKAM; "Drinks Americas" or the "Company"), the exclusive United States broker for leading premium authentic Mexican beers currently present in over 32 states, today issued an industry and company update, commenting on market and sector growth, business progress made in 2013, and growth plans for 2014.
Craft brewing niche, over the past few years, has made tremendous strides in securing an increasingly competitive and lasting position within the nation's beer market. According to the Industry, the 2012 growth of the craft brewing industry was recorded at 15% by volume and 17% by dollars, compared to 2011 growth of 13% by volume and 15% by dollars. Overall U.S. beer sales and imported beer sales were up an estimated 0.9% and 1.0% by volume in 2012, respectively. 2012 craft brewing sales represented 6.5% by volume and 10.2% by dollars. Craft brewer retail dollar value in 2012 was an estimated $11.9 billion.
While the Pacific Northwest and California have been the first to welcome and support craft brewing, the craze is catching on across the nation, in towns big and small. Drinks Americas is the first and exclusive provider of authentic Mexican craft beer to this budding and thirsty market. Recently its Day of the Dead craft beer line was featured on the cover of top travel and culinary magazine SAVUER and listed in the Top 100 of the hottest worldwide brands.In the past six months, the Company has focused its investment and sales efforts into introducing its premium authentic Mexican Day of the Dead craft beer line to this emerging U.S. market. In the last six months, the Company effectively penetrated 32 markets/states and achieved 20% market penetration. With 60,000 cases of Day of the Dead sold in the second half of 2013, Drinks Americas expects to sell 180,000 cases in 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV