SINGAPORE, Feb. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SINGAPORE AIRSHOW -- Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) has signed its first order with IAE International Aero Engines AG to supply V2500-A5 SelectOne engines to power two new firm A320ceo aircraft plus options for two additional aircraft. Aircraft deliveries are scheduled for 2015.
"Given Nepal's mountainous terrain, we chose V2500 SelectOne engines because of their long-standing reputation as both reliable and fuel-efficient powerplants," said Madan Kharel, managing director of Nepal Airlines Corporation. "These engines will help us to continue providing reliable air transport to our customers."
"We are proud that Nepal Airlines Corporation selected V2500 engines for their A320ceo aircraft," said Dave Brantner, president, Pratt & Whitney Commercial Engines. "This is their first order for V2500 engines, and we look forward to establishing a long relationship with them."
NAC operates six international destinations, namely Delhi in India, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and Kuala Lumpur in South East /Far East Asia and Dubai and Doha in Middle East. It connects more than 25 destinations inside Nepal. More than 90 percent of Nepal's area is covered by mountains. Moreover, Nepal is also landlocked. Without the use of air transport, remote places are cut off from point of view of tourism, food supply and other essential requirement.IAE is a multinational aero engine consortium whose shareholders are comprised of Pratt & Whitney (NYSE: UTX), Pratt & Whitney Aero Engines International GmbH, Japanese Aero Engines Corporation and MTU Aero Engines. To date, more than 5,900 V2500® engines have been delivered to close to 200 customers around the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV